May 5, 2014

Foodie Files: Talapia Wontons

My first foodie files post featuring my cooking has finally made it to the blog! I'm so excited to share with you one of my current favorite dishes to cook that is quick, easy and of course delicious. My cousin introduced me to wonton tacos, a dish she discovered on pinterest (ofcourse) and I instantly fell in love. After trying it with the traditional taco recipe I decided to switch it up a bit with one of my favorites, talapia. If you're a seafood lover this dish is definitely for you. If not, it can definitely be adjusted to your desired taste. 


Ingredients & Directions After the Jump!



What you need:
Talapia 
Wonton wraps
Red and green bell peppers
Avocado
Onion
Lemon
Pineapple chunks 
Sour cream
Feta Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
Parsley Flakes

Directions:

Season the fish with salt and pepper and cook for up to 3min on each side or until darkened to taste but be sure not to over cook. Set your oven to 375 for the wontons and while the fish is cooking chop your peppers and onion ( cut a little over half) and place in a bowl. Next you'll add the pineapple chunks and squeeze the lemon onto the mixture and then add salt, pepper, paprika and parsley to taste ( I rarely measure, sorry.) and mix it all together. Next you spray a muffin cup pan with your oil of choice and place two wonton wraps in each opening, placing them diagonally. I cook them for about 10-15min because I like them to be really crunchy but once they're golden brown they are done, which may be earlier than the time listed. After the wontons are done cut the fish into little squares and place as much as you want into the wonton them add the mixture and your topping of choice, which for me is sour cream, avocado and feta cheese. Then you simply, enjoy! 



 
Let me know if you decide to try it out, I would love to hear how you liked it! Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment