November 18, 2010

My Name Is........




BET hosted the first annual Black Girls Rock! award show a couple of weeks ago. The award show honored successful and inspirational black women, along with young girls who are on their way to greatness. Kelly Price, Marsha Ambrosius, Jill Scott and ledisi remade the Nina Simone classic four women. When I say these Lady's gave me chills, just wow. Days after seeing the performance I found it online and it has been added to my all time favs.

My skin is brown deeply bronzed my roots of my ancestors. My eyes are almond shaped, screaming the kindness of my heart. My lips are full, commanding attention when they separate. My spine stands tall, strengthened by the knowledge and words of wisdom passed down by the women before me. What do they call me? My name is Kenyetta..........


What’s your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment